Monday 14 February 2011

Visual Self Portrait (Monoprint)


Visual Self Portrait was one of my first projects. My brief asked me to create a series of work that connected with me for example my likes and dislikes, my interests, my friends, where I study and work etc. I decided to base my project on my sister because I have a strong bond with them. This piece is representing me and my twin sister, showing how insperable we were since we kids and still are. I used buttons and receipts and other impersonal found objects to give my work a personal effect. Also during the beginning of this project we were asked to find 10 visual communications and other artists for inspiration. I was looking at Jennifer Collier as my inspiration. I like how she takes small impersonal objects and incorporates them into her work, making her whole piece personal which is what I wanted to achieve. My main technique was Monoprint, I used this type of printing because I liked how it gives the drawing a more old and withered effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment