Thursday 17 February 2011

Drawing And Measurement




This was a piece from my drawing and measurement project. The brief asked me to explore with different texts and fonts and sizes using different materials. So I made a box and drew and cut an 'a' and glued it down, I worked with other symbols like commas, '&' signs, full stops and the number 23. Just a mixture of stuff. Then my brief asked me to bring stuff that I like or stuff that relate to me and other random stuff to develop this piece further. So I brought buttons and sequins and threads because at home I like to do a lot of sewing, and developed my work further using other materials like receipts, train tickets and big paper clips.
I also inverted the piece to get a different look and I liked how the texts from the receipt and train ticket stood out a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment